Yakult is a delicious probiotic fermented drink containing strains of Lactobacillus casei Shirota (LcS). Yakult is high in probiotics, which help to fight against infections. Read more inside about Yakult’s health benefits.
People frequently overlook their digestive system, when it comes to overall health. No matter your age, it is critical to maintaining your digestive system. Furthermore, there is a strong link between immunity and digestive/gut health.
A healthy digestive system is vital for long-term health. This is where Yakult comes into play. Are you wondering if Yakult is good for losing belly fat? Yakult stimulates the release of appetite-regulating hormones in the body, decreasing the possibility of overeating and facilitating weight loss. It even prevents constipation and improves digestive health overall.
What Exactly Is Yakult?
Yakult is a probiotic milk beverage which is manufactured by a Japanese company. In order to make this healthy probiotic milk beverage, skimmed milk is fermented with a strain of beneficial bacteria called Lactobacillus casei Shirota (LcS). Yakult contains beneficial bacterial content that enters your gut and provides the body with a variety of entailing health benefits.
Did you know?
Yakult contains over 10 billion good bacteria.
Nutritional Values of Yakult
Yakult is packaged in a 65ml bottle. The USDA has approved the nutritional values found in Yakult. 
- 50 calories
- No fat, cholesterol, and dietary fiber content
- 15 g sodium
- 12 g carbohydrates
- 10 g sugar
- 0.8 g protein
How does Yakult benefit your overall health?
Yakult is suitable for adults and children. It is also considered to be safe for consumption by pregnant and breastfeeding women. Consuming one bottle of Yakult probiotic milk beverage every day pivots innumerable health benefits to your body.
Yakult is high in beneficial bacteria strains that improve overall well-being and helps in fighting against harmful infections. Some of the most vital benefits of consuming probiotic Yakult drink are as follows:
Supports to prevent constipation caused due to any factor
Yakult contains beneficial bacterial content which helps to pass stools more easily out of your body. Therefore, consuming Yakult regularly can assist in overcoming constipation as probiotics are proven to help with gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea. 
Brings down the chances of suffering from acute respiratory infections
Yakult has the potential to increase your body’s resistance to infection, thus, minimizing the risk of suffering from acute respiratory tract infections. Thus, Yakult probiotic milk beverage can be used to significantly treat acute respiratory infections in humans.
Helps in avoiding stress and anxiety issues
It is said that your gut and the brain are interestingly connected. Therefore, any changes within your intestinal bacteria can lead to serious neuropsychiatric disorders such as anxiety or depression in human beings. 
Avoids and cures the growth of cancer cells
An increase in the risk of inflammatory disorders, such as cancer, has been linked with an imbalance between good and bad bacteria present in the gut. Thus, Yakult’s beneficial probiotic strains are known to restrict and cure the growth of certain cancerous cells. 
Facilitates in keeping your cardiovascular health under check
Yakult’s probiotic strain greatly helps in the reduction of inflammatory properties and the regulation of cholesterol levels. Thus, it is believed that Yakult highly contributes to the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
Acts as a beneficial additive toward your skin health
Your skin health is said to be highly influenced by your intestinal bacterial content. Good bacteria in your intestines are required for healthy skin. Yakult contains beneficial probiotics, thus, it helps treat a variety of skin conditions.  Moreover, consuming Yakult does not cause acne or outbreaks because Yakult contains no fat or cholesterol.
Helps to cure diarrhea
If you have diarrhea, especially if it is caused by the use of certain antibiotics, Yakult may help treat infectious diarrhea, especially in children.
Prevents and fights against Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD)
Consuming probiotics can help cure inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Yakult may help you maintain remission from ulcerative colitis and keep Crohn’s disease away from reoccurring and worsening.
Eases symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Yakult can effectively help with relieving symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome such as stomach pain, bloating, and gas.
Is Yakult good for weight loss in adults
According to research, probiotics present in Yakult stimulate the release of appetite-regulating hormones in the body, which reduces the chances of overeating and thus facilitates weight loss.  Yakult also contains proteins that regulate fat metabolism in the body.
Research conducted on animals suggests that the probiotic-fermented drink Yakult contains the anti-obesity strain, namely Lactobacillus casei Shirota (LcS).  Furthermore, probiotics help to prevent constipation and improve digestive system health.
Other health advantages of Yakult
Probiotics are also being researched for a variety of other conditions. Probiotics, according to some people have helped them with:
- Yeast infection prevention and treatment
- Lactose vulnerability
- Eczema and other skin conditions
- Treating stomach and respiratory infections, particularly in children
- Asthma and allergy treatment
- Reducing inflammation, such as rheumatoid arthritis
Best time to drink Yakult for weight loss
Yakult is delicious and can be enjoyed drinking at any time of day. To include Yakult into their daily diet, most people drink it after breakfast. We recommend drinking Yakult every day to keep probiotics in your intestines.
Can you gain weight from Yakult?
Some probiotic strains have been linked to potential risks of weight gain and obesity. Yakult is generally safe for most people, but side effects can occur. Temporary gas, bloating, constipation, and thirst are the most common side effects. Some people may also have adverse reactions to the ingredients found in probiotic supplements and probiotic foods.
Yakult contains only 1-2 teaspoons of sugar. However, consuming 10 grams of sugar per day will add up over time and increase your risk of diabetes, obesity, and certain heart ailments.
Which probiotics are best for weight loss?
To support your weight loss efforts, you must select the appropriate probiotic strain. The following are some of the best probiotics for weight loss:
Lactobacillus family strains appear to be the weight loss strains so far. There is a lot of research that portrays that Lactobacillus has a positive effect on weight loss. In a review of several studies on Lactobacillus strain supplementation, researchers discovered a significant reduction in body weight, body mass index (BMI), and fat percentage in research participants. 
Though there has been less research on Bifidobacterium strains, they appear to be effective for weight loss. People who take Bifidobacterium daily lose a lot of belly fat, waist inches, and numbers of their BMI percentage, according to studies. 
Even if you consume a lot of calories, the strain VSL#3 may help you avoid gaining weight. According to one study, VSL#3 helps people gain less weight and fat even when on a high-fat diet. 
Side Effects of Yakult
Yakult contains a large number of probiotic bacteria that are good for your health. Some people, however, may experience the following side effects after consuming Yakult.
- Bloating: In the beginning, consuming Yakult might cause bloating as the body adjusts to the strains of bacteria.
- Lactose Intolerance: Yakult contains skimmed milk. As a result, people with severe lactose intolerance may experience allergic reactions.
- Weak immune system: While probiotics are generally beneficial, the microorganisms can cause certain harmful infections in people who have weakened immune systems.
- Increases blood sugar levels: The sugar content of Yakult is extremely high. The product label portrays that Yakult contains 11.4g of sugar per 65mL serving, which is almost 3 tablespoons per Yakult. As a result, it eventually raises blood sugar levels and is considered to be a slow poison for people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Plastic packaging harms overall well-being: Yakult is packed within a small plastic bottle, and it is not always considered the healthiest packaging option. Plastics have been linked to cancer and neurological damage, as well as disrupting our endocrine system and attempting to influence our hormonal and reproductive systems.
- Artificial sweeteners and flavoring negatively impacts your health: Yakult contains high concentrations of artificial sweeteners and flavorings. Anything artificial that enters your body simply destroys it over time and causes harm that is not readily identifiable.
How many Yakult can you drink in a day?
Yakult contains more than 10 billion unique probiotics, so one bottle per day is sufficient to reap its benefits.
It is also acceptable to consume more than one bottle of Yakult per day, as it will not harm you. However, all foods and beverages should be consumed in moderation.
When should I drink Yakult for weight loss?
You can drink Yakult at any time of day. The Lactobacillus casei strain Shirota has been scientifically proven to withstand gastric acidity, allowing it to be taken at any time of day with any meal.
Recommended Dosage of Yakult
Yakult should indeed be consumed regularly. Ideally, 1-2 bottles should be taken daily.
- Adults should consume 1-2 bottles in a day, typically before or after eating.
- It is recommended that children should consume one bottle of Yakult per day.
- 1 bottle daily is also recommended for infants and toddlers over the age of 8 months.
However, Yakult should be introduced gradually into the diet. Begin with a small amount and gradually increase the recommended dosage of Yakult up to the full bottle.
How long do probiotics take to work for weight loss?
Depending on how sensitive they are, many people notice a difference after a few days. However, after 4-8 weeks, more fundamental probiotic effects such as improved mood and sudden weight loss may appear.
What effect does Yakult have on the body?
Yakult’s exclusive probiotic LcS helps in improving the count of beneficial bacteria within your digestive system and simultaneously, makes it difficult for harmful bacteria to take over. Yakult has one of the highest concentrations of probiotics on the market, with over 10 billion probiotics in each bottle.
What are the negative consequences of taking too many probiotics?
Bloating, gas and nausea are some of the common side effects of taking an excessive amount of probiotics. People who have a weakened immune system or are suffering from a serious illness are more likely to face serious health consequences, so you should consult a doctor before taking large amounts of probiotics.
Is it true that drinking Yakult helps with constipation?
Yakult contains at least 10 billion probiotic bacteria per bottle. This bacteria has been scientifically proven to help in bowel movement regulation. Constipation can be avoided by drinking a bottle of Yakult probiotic drink every day.
Does Yakult help with yeast infections?
Consuming supplements and food items with essential nutrients and probiotics like Yakult, yogurt, or kefir can help restore the balance of microflora in the vagina and thus help prevent common female problems like bacterial vaginosis, yeast infection, and urinary tract infections (UTIs), etc.
Yakult benefits your body in a variety of ways. It helps prevent constipation, maintain good gut health, lower the risk of upper respiratory tract infections, reduce anxiety and stress, and generally improve your health. It also facilitates the improvement of your skin. Some research suggests that Yakult is effective in shedding those extra kilos.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. “FoodData Central: FERMENTED DAIRY PROBIOTIC, ORIGINAL, ORIGINAL”. U.S. Department of Agriculture | Agricultural Research Service
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. “The effect of probiotics on functional constipation in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials”. Pubmed.gov.
- National Library of Medicine. “Effects of Probiotics on Depressive or Anxiety Variables in Healthy Participants Under Stress Conditions or With a Depressive or Anxiety Diagnosis: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials”. Pubmed Central.
- Agata Górska. “Probiotic Bacteria: A Promising Tool in Cancer Prevention and Therapy”. Springer Open Choice vol 76(8) (2019). 939-949.
- Naoko MORI. “Effect of probiotic and prebiotic fermented milk on skin and intestinal conditions in healthy young female students”. Biosci Microbiota Food Health vol 35(3) (2016). 105-112.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. “Beneficial metabolic effects of a probiotic via butyrate-induced GLP-1 hormone secretion”. Pubmed.gov.
- Golgis Karimi. “The anti-obesity effects of Lactobacillus casei strain Shirota versus Orlistat on high fat diet-induced obese rats”. Food Nutr Res vol 59 (2015).
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. “Effects of probiotics on body weight, body mass index, fat mass and fat percentage in subjects with overweight or obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials”. Pubmed.gov.
- Anna Pedret. “Effects of daily consumption of the probiotic Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis CECT 8145 on anthropometric adiposity biomarkers in abdominally obese subjects: a randomized controlled trial”. NPG Open Access vol 43(9) (2019). 1863-1868.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. “Probiotic supplementation attenuates increases in body mass and fat mass during high-fat diet in healthy young adults”. Pubmed.gov.